Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Bit Nervous...

Tomorrow is David's heart cath. It's the next step on the way to the 2nd surgery (the bidirectional Glenn, for those playing at home). It's a standard procedure that they do to make sure everything still looks good and they can proceed as planned with the surgery.

But I'm still nervous. It's not open-heart, but it's still a surgery. He still has to be put under. He still has to be on a ventilator. I can't stop my brain from going straight to worst-case-scenario every time I look at him. I won't list them all, it's actually really depressing. I guess that's why they invented Xanax, right? :-)

We have to be @ Kosair @ 6:15 (EST) tomorrow. He should be out of surgery and in recovery about 10:30 or 11. The nurse said that if all goes well (he comes out of sedation and off the breathing tube with no problems, and keeps food down) we can hopefully be out of there by 5 or 6. We'll post updates as the day progresses and we get news.

We are calling on our "prayer warriors" for tomorrow. We can feel your good thoughts and appreciate each and every one.

1:30 AM is coming up quickly, so until tomorrow, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment