Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Heartbroken for Khloe

I was totally ready to write a blog about David and his progress. But tonight my heart is full of hurt.

There is a family from Drew's home-church (Louisville 1st CP) that had a baby girl last week. Her name is Khloe Marie Kyle. Tonya and Larry (mom and dad) knew ahead of time that she would have some heart troubles. When she was born, they found out that she also had some lung issues. They planned to have a surgery to help her lungs and wait for a donor heart to become available for a transplant. However, after speaking with the doctors, Khloe's family decided not to do the surgery, and she was taken off life-support this afternoon. My heart is aching for this family. Even with all of David's issues, I still cannot even begin to fathom what the family is going through.

So tonight, instead of a rambling from me, all I have on my heart is this prayer:

Lord, I thank you and praise you for this day. But I come to you now with a heavy heart. Please bless sweet baby Khloe, Tonya, Larry, and the family. I ask for your grace and love to be upon them in their time of such great need. Be with them and comfort them. Wrap them in your arms and pour out your mercy on them. Help them to feel your presence and peace. It is in your holy and precious name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment