Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lovefool

Home life is slowly starting to get to a place of normality.  Of course by normality I mean that we are exhausted from waking up in the middle of the night to feed him or to check on him if his alarms go off.  So far David is still adjusting to being home which means that he goes through moments where breathing seems to be optional to him.  We have had to have a couple of talks about this and he seems to be listening. Last night he only had to be on oxygen for a couple of hours and the biggest reason to do this was as much for us as it was for him.

I think that I would have been a paranoid father no matter what but this whole thing has just taken me up another notch or two.  I am constantly looking at his breathing/color/poo/medicine schedule/stats/heart rate and whatever else we can look at to see if he is ok.  Too often I have to take a deep breath and remember to just enjoy him.  I guess trying to find that balance is parenting.

David really seems to enjoy laying on us or just looking at us and studying our faces and smiles.  He is starting to make more and more faces at us which is by far one of the more fun things to watch.  We are so happy he is a snuggely kid because we like to snuggle in with him.  This afternoon Nicole had to go to the Social Security office to work on some stuff for David and we decided it was best for him to stay home.  David and I settled in and after he
ate I laid David on me and we settled in for a movie where he stayed sleeping for the rest of the afternoon.  It was in that moment
when I was once again reminded how precious this gift of parenthood is.  The love I feel for David and Nicole and the family we have made is so beyond words.  What I know is that no matter what life David chooses to live my love for him will never stop or grow old.  Every day I wake up looking forward to the time where nothing in the house is going on and the three of us are on the couch together.  Walt Disney made Disney World/Land to be"The Happiest Place on Earth" and I love Disney World but it can not hold a candle to the 3 of us sitting together just loving each other.

Last but not least if you are on Facebook check out TEAM DAVID.  It was created by some amazing friends of ours who love David and us and wanted to create a community of people to support him and welcome him into the world. 

Thank you all once again, we love you.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment