Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just One Look


So before today we last really saw David's eyes a couple of hours after he was born when he tried to nurse a little bit. After that the nightmare kind of began and David has been sleepy (like all babies) and at times sedated to help control his breathing and how hard his little heart is working. We would see flashes of his eyes but they were peeks or he was giving the stink eye to someone (which is hilarious). Well today that all changed and everything inside of me changed. We were woke up a little bit after midnight to find out that David's surgery had been canceled, to help set the scene phone rings Nicole answers and in my sleepiness I hear from the other end of the phone Surgery Cancelled, HEART TRANSPLANT! So I was flipping out a little but until Nicole told me that the we had been bumped because a child's

heart transplant had come up. Please pray for those two families one in mourning and the other hopeful. So we slept a little bit more and went on up to the hospital where we both got to hold and love on him which is always amazing. We have found that the afternoon's are the roughest. Emotions tend to spring up, tears more easily come and so on. Today was no different as we continue to realize that our sweet baby was having surgery tomorrow. We tended to always go back and look at his chest and feel it one more time before he has a scar of his journey in life. As we had our last little bit of time before we left David decided to open his eyes for over 35 minutes!!!! He studied and looked at both of us and when we said his name or talked towards him he would look over at us. He kept looking at my Louisville and trying to read it and with just one look from a sweet little boy my heart just melted. I have loved him so much but to see him interacting with us and studying us made us both just grow in our love for him and each other. We are hoping and thinking it was his way of saying, "I'm going to be ok and will see you soon" but no matter what it was what I do know is that it was the greatest Christmas gift I could ever get...ever!

Tomorrow is the day however 7:30 Eastern time our boy is having surgery. We are just praying he continues to show how strong he is. We are amazed at the outpouring of love and support from everyone. This child is covered in prayers in an amazing way and when we think about it we cry and cry. Our friends are without a doubt the most amazing freaking friends ever! We love you all.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for both of the heart transplant families. I imagine waking up to that was a little concerning at first. I am glad David decided to study his wonderful parents tonight. I believe he knows how much he is loved which is sooo much! I'll be saying extra prayers tomorrow, but you all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most amazing feeling when you know the know who you are. David is a strong boy...surrounded with love and faith! But I think he comes by it honestly. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete